Thursday 10 February 2022

The slowest factor is the USB connection from the scanner

Epson v600 vs v800 Because the holder has a single strip that can hold three 6x6s, it can also hold two 6x7s. If the gap between frames isn't too great, two 6x9s should suffice. Overall, I prefer the V800's redesign of all film holding over the V700's (I use them all). They hold half the amount of film (one medium format strip instead of two; one 4x5 strip instead of two), but are significantly sturdier, lock better, and have a layer of clear plastic to help keep film level. This equipment and holders are recommended as a very good prosumer level film scanner.

I'm using it right now, and it takes about 3-4 minutes per 35mm frame at 2400 DPI with Digital ICE enabled. At this setting, it takes about 20 minutes to shoot 10 frames. This does not include the time it takes me to evaluate the photographs first, then modify the exposure settings for each one to achieve the best results; this usually takes 5-15 minutes. The scanner can only hold two 6-frame chunks of 35mm film at a time. It takes me about 1-2 hours to process and scan one roll of 35mm film with this scanner. If you just want quick shots and don't want to change anything, it can scan 10 frames in about 8 minutes at 300DPI with full auto settings and no ICE.

The slowest factor is the USB connection from the scanner; however, my i7 3200ghz 2nd gen notebook with 16gb RAM performed admirably. Then I moved it to my current computer, which has an i7 6400ghz processor, 1TB SSD, 16GB RipJaws DDR4 RAM, and a 1050ti 4GB DDR5 graphics card. A high-end gaming machine three years ago. A 35-year-old negative is worth more than 4-5 negatives stored at 2gb each as source imagery. Prior to digital photography, I used a vintage Minolta autofocus camera from 1992 to shoot 35mm film. The sheer volume of digital photographs I've lost since the transition to digital, as well as the learning curve, is ironic, but here I am, decades later, with every photograph I took while in the Navy. In some ways, I imagine a time when. Because digital photos can no longer be converted to jpg, your memories as you approach your senior years will be just that: recollections.

Complete any task quickly: scan, copy, scan to email, and create PDFs in seconds with four customisable buttons. Follow these steps to remove the appearance of tears and creases in photographs: For digital prints, ICE Take your photography to the next level: ArcSoft PhotoStudio is included to help you edit and improve your digital photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment